Frequently Asked Questions

Community centres

Where are they? How do I book to use them?
Gungahlin Community Centre is available for hire – please see

Palmerston Community Centre is also available. For more information please call Northside Community Care on (02) 6257 0255 or email

Illegal dumping of rubbish

Who do I contact?
To report illegal dumping call Canberra Connect on 13 22 81 or fill out the Canberra Connect Feedback Form

Public transport

Where are the bus stops in Crace and what is the timetable?
Route 54 currently services Crace.  The timetable for Route 54 can be found here:

For more information about ACTION bus services please call ACTION on 13 17 10.


Are they allowed at Crace? What are the regulations?
Pets are welcome in the urban precinct as well as in suburban homes.
Cats – in accordance with ACT Government requirements, cats must be contained on the owners properties at all times. We support the use of cat runs to prevent cats roaming and destroying native fauna.
Dogs – when you’re walking your dog in Crace, by law you must have it on a leash. The ACT Government’s Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS, formerly included TAMS) website has detailed information about dog ownership regulation in the ACT.


What are our local schools, and where can I find more info?
For information about public and private schools in the area, please see the ACT Department of Education’s Directory of Schools.

National Broadband Network

The National Broadband Network (NBN) is now available in Crace and is designed to provide fast, affordable and reliable internet and phone services to residents. As part of the NBN rollout across the country, NBN Co. has purchased the TransACT fibre network and Crace residents can now order phone and/or internet services by visiting or calling 1800 OUR NBN (1800 687 626).

Building in Crace

Where can I find more info about building compliance inspections and bond?
Information about building compliance and refunds is available online on page
Building At Crace

For more information, please contact CIC Australia.